Some people have a natural flair for decorating and styling, for others it’s confusing and they don’t know where to start. So, we’ve put together our Top 5 Tips to help you decorate your home.
- Work our what styles you like. The best way to do this is to look at pictures! Whether it's house magazines, or app’s like Houzz or searching on Instagram and Blogs (The Design Files and Interior Addict are 2 of our favourites). Pinterest is great too – you can create folders for different rooms etc and then just save pictures you like in the right folders. Start putting a vision board of together with all the looks you like
- Add little personal touches. Little things like a small vase of flowers, gorgeous candles and family/friend photos in some beautiful frames gives a room soul. Don’t go overboard though and clutter a room.
- It’s ok to mix styles. Most people have a range of styles they like – you don’t have to strictly stick to one style – you can combine a few looks.
- Find some special pieces you love. We find that investing in a couple of pieces you really love will also help give your home some soul – unique pieces or antiques depending on your style. Often one piece of furniture or artwork that you love will be the starting point for a room and then you can decorate/furnish the rest of the room around that piece. The picture in this blog is Ange's "good room" and started with the green couch that she loves, followed by the Slim Aarons print she loves.
- There is no rush. There is no rush to get your styling all perfect in one week. Creating a home or redoing a room can take time. You can’t always find or afford that “piece of furniture, rug or artwork” straight away… so enjoy the journey in creating the look that you will be happy with for years to come.